FLM - Can't read license data-102

On occasion we have been met with a "Can't read license data-102" error message when attempting to deploy a Filmworkz license on a Windows host machine, this seems to be caused by a permissions issue when attempting to create a directory in C:\Programdata\Reprise.

The quick fix, for the time being, is to manually create a Digitalvis folder within C:\Programdata\Reprise so, C:\Programdata\Reprise\Digitalvis and attempt redeployment of the Activation ID, you should now be presented with an 'Activation Successful' confirmation message.

This issue will be corrected in the release version of the Filmworkz License Manager.

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Peter
    • Peter
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hello. Please can someone from filmworkz answer. I would like to try the plugin too but I also have a problem with the serial number. I'm using Davinci Resolve 18. After installing it, your Filmworkz License Manager says I have nothing installed :(

• Ian Smith
    • Customer Success Manager
    • Ian_Smith
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Peter,

Which OS are you attempting to deploy the tools on? And, do you receive any errors when attempting to deploy the Activation ID?

Please send me the Activation ID in a private message, I will check its current status on our license server.

Thanks

Ian

Like 1
    • Peter
    • Peter
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

I use Win 10 64 bit. I sent the Activation ID in a private message and a link where you can download the print screen. 

• Ian Smith
      • Ian_Smith
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Peter I can see your Activation ID has not been applied, this is why you are not seeing the license deployed on your machine.

Once you have created the digitalvis directory in C:\Programdata\Reprise, could you return to the OFX DVO page and re-apply the Activation ID? This should apply the license to your machine.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Ian

• Peter
    • Peter
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

I'm sorry, but it's not working. 

As a first step I download the LicenseManager application. As a second step I install the OFX plugin for Davinci Resolve. Then I open LicenseManager. In the "Enter Activation Key" I enter the OFX DVOs and the license number you sent me in the email and then click Submit. When I click Submit, it will give me the message I sent you "Error requesting activation key - Can't read license data-102". I don't know what else to do. 

• Ian Smith
    • Ian_Smith
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Peter,

As described above, this error is displayed because the Filmworkz License Manager is unable to create the digitalvis directory within C:\Programdata\Reprise due to a permissions error.

Could you ensure the C:\ProgramData\Reprise\digitalvis directory exists and then attempt to deploy the Activation ID again?

Thanks

Ian

• Peter
    • Peter
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hello. So it created the Reprise file but not the digitalvis file. What should I do now ?

• Ian Smith
    • Ian_Smith
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Peter,

as mentioned above, please manually create the digitalvis folder inside C:\ProgramData\Reprise and submit the Activation ID once again, this time it will be successful.

Thanks

Ian

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 321Views
  • 2 Following